WebXR & Social AR/VR Developer
Engaged Media Studios
Engaged Media Studios, Inc. is a digital media technology development and entertainment production company of seasoned entrepreneurs and creative innovators that specialize in producing transformational solutions, products and immersive experiences that transcend boundaries in the video game, museum, sports & entertainment, industrial, and government market sectors, serving a growing diverse customer base.
Job Type: Full Time, On-Site/Remote
Location: Houston, Texas
This position involves designing, developing and implementing interactive WebXR applications and Social AR/VR experiences that create a sense of presence and play in 3D environments while profiling and optimizing 3D experiences that will perform on browsers for Extended Reality (Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), and Mixed Reality) and Social AR/VR Metaverse initiatives.
Primary Responsibilities (What you’ll do…)
- Design, develop and implement interactive WebXR experiences that create a sense of immersion while optimizing 3D experiences that will perform on browsers for Extended Reality and Metaverse projects.
- Quickly dive into implementation details working closely with 3D technical artists, designers and other engineers.
- Contribute to the development of techniques and processes by understanding and weighing in on cloud architecture fundamentals and evaluating and proving out technical feasibility through rapid prototyping.
- Collaborate with the team by following best practices for coding and software design, continuously driving improvements for the development process, and actively participating in agile project management principals.
- Pioneering with the latest technology innovations and learning constantly through research and development.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Media Arts and Animation or equivalent work experience (8 years) or an associate degree with 6 years of experience (exceptions will be considered).
- 3 to 5 years experience with WebXR libraries such as three.js, AFrame, BabylonJS, AR.js, csg.js, or similar.
- 3 to 5 years experience integrating with a 3D pipeline and optimizing assets.
- Minimum of 2 years of game development experience or interactive applications in Unity 3D and Unreal Engine.
- Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live action production.
- Strong knowledge of programming fundamentals, game architecture, and 3D math.
- Always willing to learn what you do not know in order to create new technology for beautiful 3D experiences.
- Experience with Node.js, React, and 3D Graphics and shader development (i.e WebGL, OpenGL, Vulkan, DirectX)
- Experience working on a large-scale production web applications.
By joining our team, you’ll become part of a diverse, vibrant group that is continually pushing boundaries working on meaningful and innovative projects that radically change the way our clients view what is possible, while engaging in transformational initiatives powered by the latest technologies.
Engaged Media Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability, pregnancy or maternity, or other protected characteristics. Engaged Media fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.