Production Director – Volumetric Capture Studio
Engaged Media Mixed Reality Capture Studio (MRCS)
Engaged Media Studios, Inc. is a digital media technology development and entertainment production company of seasoned entrepreneurs and creative innovators that specialize in producing transformational solutions, products, and immersive experiences that transcend boundaries in the video game, museum, sports & entertainment, industrial, and government market sectors serving a growing diverse customer base.
Job Type: Full Time, On-Site
Location: Houston, Texas
We are looking for a Production Director to drive the creative direction, preparation and successful delivery of production shoots on our on-site volumetric capture stage, as well as at remote stage locations.
Primary Responsibilities (What you’ll do…)
- Work with clients and the MRCS production team to provide guidance on the coordination and execution of mixed reality capture sessions.
- Coordinate stage demonstrations and pre-production tests to validate the capabilities of the volumetric capture and virtual production technology.
- Drive the preparation and successful delivery of production shoots on the volumetric capture stage, as well as at remote stage locations.
- Ensure successful recording of volumetric capture and camera data for each take in sync with production requirements.
- Lead the internal and external development teams in providing AR/VR/and Mixed Reality creative, design and development services for clients.
- Develop and own the volumetric capture services and product line, being responsible for its delivery, prioritizing its roadmap and communicating it to the team.
- Provide effective communication between leadership and engineering on client needs and growth of the MRCS.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Computer Animation, VFX or another relevant qualification.
- 5+ years of experience with motion capture, virtual and mixed reality production, VFX, and/or animated film production.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering high-quality virtual reality and VFX for Film and/or TV projects.
- Experience coordinating Film and/or TV virtual productions and with on-set client interaction.
- Experience with visual effects asset and shot production pipelines.
- Direct experience of game engine virtual production technology.
- A strong background and understanding of the procedures and practices used in VFX and film production.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live action production.
- Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and live-action film production.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Experience with project management tools such as Confluence, Jira, GitHub, Miro and Slack.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the latest advances in film technology and production techniques.
By joining our team, you’ll become part of a diverse, vibrant group that is continually pushing boundaries working on meaningful and innovative projects that radically change the way our clients view what is possible, while engaging in transformational initiatives powered by the latest technologies.
Engaged Media Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability, pregnancy or maternity, or other protected characteristics. Engaged Media fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.