Engaged Media Studios
Engaged Media Studios, Inc. is a digital media technology development and entertainment production company of seasoned entrepreneurs and creative innovators that specialize in producing transformational solutions, products and immersive experiences that transcend boundaries in the video game, museum, sports & entertainment, industrial, and government market sectors, serving a growing diverse customer base.
Job Type: Full Time, On-Site/Remote
Location: Houston, Texas
The chosen candidate for this position will lead the development and deployment of augmented, virtual and mixed reality projects for our clients utilizing leading edge technologies and applications. Candidate will work collaboratively and communicate with internal as well as external teams and utilize assets to create AR/VR experiences and Mixed Reality applications.
Primary Responsibilities (What you’ll do…)
- Work with designers, product managers, and other engineers to imagine, build, and launch successful client solutions in AR/VR and Mixed Reality Applications.
- Develop custom backend services to extract data from platforms and/or sensors to be utilized in the XR environment.
- Identify and proactively manage technical and business decisions, risks, actions and opportunities.
- Gather requirements through interactions with clients.
- Drive user training and adoption.
- Help customers track and evaluate the efficacy and ROI of AR/VR solutions.
- Lead troubleshooting sessions with customers as needed.
- Provide technical input, solution demonstration and guidance to support sales efforts.
- Provide input to estimation of work efforts and solutioning.
- Maintain an active understanding of relevant hardware and software market leaders.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Media Arts and Animation or equivalent work experience (8 years) or an associate degree with 6 years of experience. Exceptions will be considered.
- Proficiency with industry software tools & pipelines including Unity3D & UE4
- Minimum 5 years industry experience in the software industry as an engineer or developer.
- Familiarity with VR and Mixed Reality development concepts and solutions
- Working experience in REST, MQTT, and/or similar interfaces.
- Understanding environment and level-related meshes, collision, materials, and textures according to best practices within the development pipeline.
- 2+ years of provable experience in Unreal Engine 4 and familiarity with Unreal Engine 4’s Blueprint system.
- Proficient with different databases operations and development (querying, modifying, inserting, SQL, NoSQL, etc.).
- Experience with project management tools such as Confluence, Jira, GitHub, Miro and Slack, and working in an agile environment.
- Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live action production.
- Must be an excellent troubleshooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor driven systems.
- Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and live-action film production.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
By joining our team, you’ll become part of a diverse, vibrant group that is continually pushing boundaries working on meaningful and innovative projects that radically change the way our clients view what is possible, while engaging in transformational initiatives powered by the latest technologies.
Engaged Media Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability, pregnancy or maternity, or other protected characteristics. Engaged Media fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.